Search Engine Optimization
Want your business to show up higher in search engine results?
Is a competitor showing up higher on the list?
We can help.
When you do a search on Google, Yahoo, or Bing, the main body of results is non-paid. The search engines themselves determine in what order the results are placed based on complex and ever-changing rules.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of editing a website’s content and code to help it rank higher in a search engine’s non-paid search results (organic). A well optimized site will also have a better quality score that will help improve rankings and will also reduce click costs with paid campaigns.
At Alaska Search Marketing, we can offer a simple one-time review and update of your website, as well as a more extensive ongoing program where we continually tweak the content and settings to provide the best possible results.
Below are some of the key elements Alaska Search Optimization covers in a basic site optimization:
- If needed update site to make sure it meets the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
- Site verified and registered through Google and Bing webmaster tools
- Create xml sitemap that is registered with Google Yahoo and Bing
- Create a robots.txt file
- Any old or alternate domain names all have a permanent 301 forwarding to the main domain name
- Make sure any indexed pages that no longer exist all have 301 forwards to the corresponding new pages or site's front page.
- Use "H" tags for all Headings and subheadings
- Add a unique descriptive title to each page
- Add a unique meta description tag to each page
- Add ALT tags and title descriptions to all images.
- Create custom 404 error page.
- Separate CSS from html
- Rewrite text to focus on specific keyword densities
Most search engine optimization tactics can be put into one of two categories called "Black Hat" or "White Hat". "White Hat" follows the search engine guidelines and "Black Hat" uses tricks to try and fool the search engines into giving you a better ranking. Black Hat tactics are used by many companies because in the short term many of these tactics work, but in the long term could ultimately get you site pushed down in rankings banned altogether.
Alaska Search Marketing only uses White Hat optimization techniques that follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines.